Monday, March 14, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

For everyone who doesn't know me (even though I seriously doubt that anyone who doesn't know me is reading this blog), here's a few facts about myself: my name is Brooke Nicholson.  I love photography, singing, writing, some sports (but I'm really terrible at any kind of physical activity), computers, and LAUGHING!  Ask anyone... I laugh at everything.


I have three sisters, Bekah, Faith and Laurel


Here's my whole family:



In case you wanted to know more about me (and even if you could care less), there's some crazy, random questions for me to answer!


How would people describe your personality (if they could only use ONE word)? Are they right?
People would probably describe me as shy... which isn't right at all!  I am shy until you get to know me, but once you do, I talk waaaaay too much.  Mostly blurting out stupid things without thinking about it first...


What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
Star-Struck?  Ha!  I don't know about star-struck... I don't know about celebrities either.  Really, what is there in most of the Hollywood celebrities that we should look up to?  I'd love to meet Kari Jobe (if you don't know who she is, you NEED to find out!  Head on over to karijobe.com) and get some tips from here.  But the person I'd probably like to meet the most would be... Samuel Potter!  He's an awesome, AWESOME photographer.  If you've never heard of him, check out his website.  You'll be amazed.


Are you a hopeless romantic?
Umm... I don't think so?  What exactly is a hopeless romantic?


Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
Something weird... hmm.  It's hard for me to think of even one weird thing. ;)  There's lots of weird things about me... things that I think are normal, but other people think are weird.  I listen to this radio drama that Vision Forum produces called Jonathan Park. It's about a creation scientist and his family.  The stories are kind of cheesy, but the message is good.  I've learned soo much about apologetics, and I bet I could argue with any evolutionist.


What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
I used to have this huge fear of tornadoes.  Every time there was a tornado warning, I'd start freaking out... even hyperventilating.  And it's worse since we don't have a basement!




Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
I like all movies!  Except horror movies.  There's no way I'm watching a horror movie.  My favorite movie is the Italian Job, and ALL SUPER HERO MOVIES ARE AMAZING!  Especially Spider Man.  Romantic comedies are ok, but they're so predictable, you almost know what's going to happen before you start watching it.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
The best series in the world is The Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers.


 EVERYONE should read them!

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
Anything Christian!  Well... I take that back.  I like good Christian music. ;)  Stuff like Hawk Nelson, House of Heroes, or Hillsong (weird.  They all start with h).  Absolutely NO country music!  I live in Kansas, and it's Country Music Country down here.  Everyone listens to it!  It's playing everywhere you go, you can't get away from it.  Besides, it's all about the same stuff.  "My girlfriend just broke up with me so I went drinking last night and drove my old, beat up pick-up truck into a ditch this morning."  That's a pretty accurate example of country music, huh?




Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
Correcting people.  If someone sings something wrong, or reads something wrong, or just does anything wrong at all, I have  to correct them.  I don't know why!  Bekah, my sister, has started calling me "mom", or "master" when I correct her.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
Actually, I like where I live right now.  In our pretty, old farm house.  Not in the middle of nowhere, but not in the middle of a busy city.  The cold is a little too... cold in the winter, but it's almost spring, so I'm feeling optimistic right now.  If I could visit a city, I'd visit either New York or Rome.  New York would be cool because you could see all the plays on Broadway, and Times Square!  But Rome would be cool because of the all the historic stuff.  

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
Ok... this one's weird.  But my favorite smell ever is cologne.  I don't know what it is about it, but it smells so good!  They should make cologne for women... :)

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?
Probably that I would have talked more.  Unless I said something stupid.  Then I wish I could take it back!

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in? 
Probably where I already shop.  I'd just buy more!

What are your favorite animals?  
Dogs for sure.  They're so smart and sweet and loyal.  Dogs make you feel better when you're down too. :)

That's all for now, folks!    Hope you enjoyed it. :)